About Nevada State Parks
The Nevada Division of State Parks was founded when, during the 1963 session of the Nevada Legislature, a bill was passed to form a new state park agency within the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR). From that time forward the park administrator has been appointed by, and reports to, the DCNR Director. Today the Division manages and maintains 27 parks within the Nevada State Parks system. The Division is headquartered in Carson City and there are currently three management regions statewide: the Western Region (Fallon Office), Eastern Region (Panaca office) and the Southern Region (Las Vegas Office).
- To manage, protect, operate and maintain existing and future units of the Nevada State Park system.
- To acquire, plan for and develop a well-balanced system of areas of outstanding scenic, recreational, scientific and historical importance.
- To interpret and provide education on the natural, cultural and recreational resources found within the State Park system.
- To provide recreational and cultural destinations that are of economic benefit to nearby communities.
- Nevada Revised Statutes, Section 232.135
- Nevada Revised Statutes, Chapter 407
- Nevada Administrative Codes, Chapter 407
Policy Statements and Practices
The Nevada Division of State Parks prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its in its programs, activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all visitors, volunteers and members of our staff.
Those with developmental and/or physical limitations are invited to enjoy all of the recreational activities of Nevada State Parks. If you would like to request additional support or accommodation, please call park system headquarters at (775) 684-2793. We continually seek ways to provide recreational opportunities for people of all abilities and welcome any suggestions you may have.
The information contained on this site is for public use and efforts are made to ensure its accuracy. While the Division works to keep the information timely and accurate, there are no expressed or implied guarantees. The Division will make an effort to correct all substantiated errors brought to its attention.
Material Use Information
The documents and images on this site may be used with attribution for educational and scientific purposes. For personal and commercial use of documents or images you must contact, and receive a determination from, Nevada State Parks by calling 775-684-2793. Commercial use of some of the material available on this site may be protected under U.S. and foreign copyright laws.
Copy of Nevada State Parks Virtual Road Trip by DCNR PIOs