The Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965 was enacted “…to assist in preserving, developing and assuring accessibility to all citizens of the United States of America of present and future generations… such quality and quantity of outdoor recreation resources as may be available and are necessary and desirable for individual active participation….” This federal program provides matching grants to states and through the states to local governments for the acquisition and development of public outdoor recreation areas and facilities. The Land and Water Conservation Fund assistance is provided on a 50/50 matching basis to individual projects. These projects are submitted through the state liaison officer to the National Park Service for approval.
The Nevada Division of State Parks is pleased to announce the availability of federal funds for local park and recreation capital improvement and acquisition projects through the Land and Water Conservation Fund (L&WCF) program. All political subdivisions, including counties, incorporated cities; unincorporated towns, general improvement districts, and Native American tribal governments are potentially eligible for the 50:50 matching grants offered through the program.
View Fact Sheet on the Land and Water Conservation Fund State Assistance Program in Nevada.
Grant funds available. The deadline for FY 2012 L&WCF grant applications is August 31, 2012.
- FY 2012 Grant Announcement (pdf )
- Nevada’s FY 2012 LWCF Grants Manual (Word)
- Federal and Other Forms to Download
- Standard Form 424
- Standard Form 424 Instructions
- Standard Form 424A, Budget Info-Non-Construction Programs
- Standard Form, 424C, Budget Information-Construction Programs
- Standard Form, 424D, Assurances-Construction Programs
- Environmental Screening Form PD-ESF 3-061
- Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, and Other Responsibility Matters, Drug-Free Workplace Requirements and Lobbying
- 2010 Nevada’s Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP).
Jenny Scanland | Email
Fax: (775) 684-2777