NOTICE: Fire restrictions are in place for Valley of Fire. View details.
The following acts are prohibited:
- Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire or stove, except a portable stove using jelled petroleum or pressured liquid fuel, outside an established fireplace in a picnic area or campground or places of habitation. Charcoal grills will be allowed in designated areas of the park, but will be restricted on windy or critical fire days. Restrictions will be implemented in “Red Flag” or windy conditions as indicated by the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Agency (NOAA) and the National Weather Service.
Daily information is available at the following website:
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or in an area that is barren or cleared of all flammable vegetation.
- Operation of vehicles or motorized equipment off of existing paved, gravel or dirt roads.
- Operating a vehicle or other motorized equipment in wildland areas without an ax, shovel and at least one gallon of water.
- Ignition of any fireworks.
- Operating of welding torch or any other device that may cause a fire.
Each of the following persons is exempt from this order:
- Persons with a valid permit specifically authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
- Any federal, state, local officer or member of an organized firefighting force, in the performance of an official duty.
All areas, roads and trails within the boundaries of Big Bend of the Colorado State Recreation Area, Spring Mountain Ranch State Park, Ice Age Fossils State Park, Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park and Valley of Fire State Park.
These prohibitions do not apply to designated recreation sites or places on improved habitation, and while traveling on numbered state or federal highways.
Violation of these prohibitions is a misdemeanor and punishable by fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than six month, or both.