6th annual Dutch oven cook-off at Cathedral Gorge on Saturday, September 18thPosted on Aug 31, 2010 in Cathedral Gorge, News | Comments Off
PANACA, Nev. – Come one, come all. It is that time of year again for the annual Dutch Oven cook-off at Cathedral Gorge State Park. This year’s event is a celebration of Cathedral Gorge and Nevada State Parks’ 75th Anniversary.
Put culinary skills to the test to win a great prize. Prizes are awarded for winners in four different categories: best bread, best dessert, best main course and best vegetable side dish. Individuals and teams may enter in more than one category for just $5 per dish.
For those who don’t cook, but love to sample good food, this is the place to be in September. Cooking starts at 3 p.m., food tasting around 5 p.m., with a raffle during the festivities. The park entry fee applies.
- WHAT: 6th Annual Dutch Oven Cook-off
- WHEN: Saturday, September 18, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Cathedral Gorge State Park is located just west of U.S. 93, one mile north of the town of Panaca.
- 2.5 hours north of Las Vegas: I-15 north to US-93 north.
- 1.5 hours west of Cedar City, Utah: UT-56 west to NV-319 west to US-93 west.
- 1.5 hours northwest of St. George, Utah: UT-18 north to UT-56 west to NV-319 west to US-93 N.
- WHO: The contest is open to individuals or group cook teams. Anyone under 16 entering individually must have a parent or guardian’s signature. Teams such as Boy Scout troops are covered by their official Boy Scout Trip Permit.
- COST: Each dish entered is $5. Unlimited entries are allowed. The park entrance fee is $7 per vehicle. The camping fee is $17 per vehicle. Nevada residents receive a $2 discount — cash or check only. Raffle tickets will be given to each vehicle.
- CONTACT: To enter, or for more information, contact the Regional Visitor Center, Cathedral Gorge State Park: 775-728-4460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MORE: All contestants must fill out an entry form for each dish entered. Please contact the Regional Visitor Center at Cathedral Gorge State Park for an official entry form.